Thursday, August 20, 2009

Room on Fire

The spread of information is viral, and I suspect Mimetic. Should we not then expect that even the the most subtle twitter about JC would unfold across the internet like some giant squid wrapping it's liquid tentacles around the whole of the universe. Should it come as a surprise that after Stereogum claimed to have access to him that NME would soon follow... NME that bastion of British intellectual thought, that exemplar of journalistic restraint and good taste- I do not take myself for some scurvy ridden asthmatic dunderhead and I expect no less of you, my loyal readers.
Before you read the quotation I am about to share with you, I expect all of you to excercise the greatest skepticism in relation to it's verity, for I suspect that is nothing more than the fluffiest sillyness that has ever been presented to the internet as fact. It concerns JC's tour plans as if he was some ordinary musician trying to spread awareness of his creation, as if this awareness was not everpresent in all of us at once,

"I'm in the process of figuring out what kind of show it's going to be," he said. "It's like anything, it's starting out probably a little bit too ambitious so we've got to figure out what we can and can't do and that will dictate how much touring happens. Ideally, I'm going to try to put on some over-the-top, amazing, Disney shows. Not Disney, but you know how they have some amazing rides where you feel like you're in a weird world, like the Epcot Centre or something? I'm not thinking of the big Goofy costume but I was thinking of how those rides make you feel with lots of set changes and stuff. But that might not happen and we'll do straight shows, I haven't quite figured it out yet, it's the next thing to do."

No comments:

Post a Comment