Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Phrazes for the Young

Oh Julian my darling, my beloved, my naughty cousin in the bathroom at Christmas, thank you for this, the most brilliant and effervescent of your gifts, Phrazes for the Young. I have often thought, though I have dared not express it, that you, the most lovely, the most gifted, the most charming of the The Strokes would be better off alone, better off without that mongrel Albert Hammond Jr., that porpoise Nick Valensi, that glitter tooth Fabrizio Moretti, that charletan Nikolai Fraiture. Oh how you surprise me, tickle me, touch me with your release which you have so lovingly hidden from me, your loving follower, your blogger, who has followed you and loved you, and hoped to see you, to touch you, to know you, oh Julian I can hardly contain myself for the juice boxes within my soul are overflowing with the sap of your budding solo career. One in my position must in a situation like this give up all claims to professionalism and decorum and open ones heart. Do not forsake me, do not leave me again- I have composed a poem for thee

The ambrosial cup spills into the
fragmented moonbone of your glowing thighs,
the half heard cry of the four forgotten
men, oh pluck thyself from their flower and
sing with Apollos golden lyric charm,
up now into the pantheon of dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment